Chennai has been one of the active hub for designers, thanks to Adobe Chennai Photoshop User Group. They are doing an outstanding job for the design community in Chennai and we are extremely happy to support the community during the last 1 yr.
Now to the news. In an effort to bring the entire design community in India together, we are organizing a design event in Chennai in association with Adobe and Photoshop User Group. The event is named as Design Camp India and the website is www.designcamp.in. Every bit of the event is handcrafted by the design community. So don’t forget to participate and experience the design fun.
What is Design Camp India?
With the ever growing demand to provide fantastic experience to the end user, also brings a great challenge to understand what it takes to become successful designer. Hence Design Camp India brings best creative minds together to engage, debate, discuss and of course design ways to enhance their creativity. Design Camp India will provide the platform for interaction to designers and engage the design community over 2 days through Conference, Contest & Workshops.
Objectives of Design Camp
- To introduce students and professionals to the latest trends in design.
- To enable community interaction among design professionals.
- To enable sharing of knowledge and support various other design communities.
- To be the preferred platform for corporates to engage with design community.
Date: 29-30 September 2012
Time: 10:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Number of Participants: 150 to 200
Target Participants: Graphic Designers, Graphic Artists, Web Designers, UX Designers and students interested in Design
FB Page: www.facebook.com/designcamp.in
Tentative Event Structure
First day of the event will follow a conference model with parallel tracks, which will allow the participants to pick and choose their favourite sessions. Day 1 will enable the design community to get together, network and have fun. We will put in extra effort to bring best of the speakers and best of the content which fits local audience. Below are the highlights of the event.
- The conference will start by 10am & end by 5Pm followed by a after party.
- There will be 2 parallel tracks Technology and Art.
- Each session will be for 50 mins & there will be 4 sessions per track.
- A separate session for monetizing designs.
- A dedicated session to allow members from the community to showcase their design work.
- We will have lot of interactive design activities in between sessions. The idea is to keep the participants engaged.
- We will run design contests during the next 2 months to keep the community active and engaged.
Second day of the event is dedicated only for workshops which will have 3 parallel workshops limited to around 20 participants. This will be a one-day workshop which will allow the participant to spend considerable amount of time with the speaker and learn new stuffs. The topic for each of the workshop is yet to be decided as we are looking out for a good speaker.
And if you are still reading, you are definitely interested to attend the event. Exciting news for you is that you do not have to spend any money from your pocket. You can register* for the event for FREE. Register at www.designcamp.in/register.
*Registration does not guarantee you a seat. You will go through our panel and if you have the right skill set you will be selected.